9 Ft Music of the Spheres Windchime Large Deep Tone Contrabass
- Listen Here
- Wind Chime FAQ
- Exceptional Warranty
Tab 1 content goes here.
Tab 2 content goes here.
Tab 3 content goes here.
Tab 4 content goes here.
Tab 5 content goes here.
Tab 6 content goes here.
Quartal Contrabass - Sound
- Stunning Estate Sized Wind Chime
- Pipe Diameter: 3.5 inches
- Overall Hanging Length: 108" (Top to bottom of windcatcher)
- Minimum hanging clearance of 11.5 Ft
- Weight: 100 lbs
- Superior quality and meticulous craftsmanship translates into a 15 yr warranty- the best in the industry
- Acoustically superior. Precision Tuned to A440 (standard orchestral pitch) and sing with a rich, lyrical blend of tones
- Handcrafted, one chime at a time in Austin, Texas. All components Made in USA
- Tempered aluminum alloy tubing will never rust
- Superior design with central tube suspension and smoothly polished tube ends to prevent cord abrasion typical of other, less labor-intensive suspension techniques. Heavy gauge polished stainless steel rings provide sturdy support
- The tubing is coated with a sleek black corrosion protective finish that provides durability in all kinds of hostile outdoor environments (acid rain, salt air, etc.) while preserving the chime's appearance
- Solid UV stabilized polyethylene clappers provide superior tonal quality and outdoor durability. The unique interchangeable & detachable windcatcher provides activity control.
Music of the Spheres Contrabass wind chime is sure to delight with its attractive design and its beautiful low pitch expanded Quartal tuning. This extra large size is sure to impress at 9 feet! It is the perfect choice for any residential space in a garden or landscape where a statement piece or beautiful focal point is desired. Its enduring beauty and deep sound will resonate with you and your guests and provide enjoyment for years to come.
Since its founding in 1991, Music of the Spheres has been dedicated to manufacturing the most durable wind chimes with the highest acoustic quality possible. Wind chimes are beautifully crafted from components made in the USA. Please sample the musical tuning up above to hear the incredible clarity and rich gentle sound of the expanded Quartal tuning.
Designed to Accompany Each Other:
- Collect multiple sizes in the same musical tune for a symphonic quality ensemble "singing in parts" effect. Example: Choose "Quartal" in other sizes of Soprano, Mezzo, Alto, Tenor, Bass
- Or create an ensemble with a companion series in a different tuning. Mix and match and blend different tunings and sizes
For more wind chime sizes and details, click here.
This exceptional windchime is made to order just for you. Please expect 2-3 weeks build time.
Wind Chime FAQ
How do I care for the chimes?
Chimes are maintenance free and require little or no care, rain or shine.
They will last longest hung in a sheltered or shaded location.
How should I hang my chimes?
They should be suspended securely a safe distance from objects such as windows which may be battered during unexpectedly high winds.
The chime weighs around 110 pounds and needs a minimum of 10 feet to clear the ground and play effectively. Many people build gazebos or structures in which to hang the extra large chime. However, a sturdy hardwood tree such as oak or maple with branches capable of supporting a 100-pound twelve year old without bending or breaking is ideal for hanging your chime. NOTE: DO NOT hang in soft wood trees such
as hackberry, pine, pecan or cottonwood, as they self-prune and may drop branches unexpectedly. If you are not sure of your tree, please consult a licensed arborist or your local county extension agent. They are trained and can assist you in choosing the proper strength and type of tree for your chime.
What if there is bad weather?
If you are able to, they should be taken down for safety's sake whenever severe weather threatens. Alternatively, if severe weather has been forecast (hurricane, tornadoes, bad storms) and you can reach the chime, protect it by removing the windcatcher and binding the tubes together with a rope or bungee cord.
What if they are too loud?
They may be "turned down" by removing the windcatcher from its snap-hook attachment or "turned off" by sliding the clapper up its cord and suspending it over the ring.
The windcatcher hook assembly provides but effective method of varying the chime's activity level. If you would prefer more chime activity please contact us and a larger windcatcher can be purchased from the manufacturer to replace the original windcatcher. Alternatively, a smaller windcatcher can be purchased if less chime activity is preferred.
How to Install?
Bind your chime together before you install it. You can strap around the pipes with bungee cord or packaging tape. Do not attempt to hang it with the pipes swinging freely. Install it and only then take off the binding material. A rope ratchet hoist or come-along is ideal for raising the chime to its hanging place. An extra long loop of rope is provided above the cone knot. You may tie the chime directly into its hanging place using this loop. Do not put additional rope or chain above the top knot of the chime. (As with a ceiling fan, which cannot be hung by a rope or chain, a solid anchor is needed.) Throw or place the rigging across the branch or structure where the chime will hang. Use part of an old inner tube or rug under the rope to protect the bark from abrasion. Then hoist up the chime. Secure it in position by tying the loop around the branch or support. A large screw-hook may be used if it is weight-rated for 150 pounds or more. You can safely insert it directly into the tree if you first sterilize it by dipping in alcohol or using a disinfectant such as Lysol spray. You may shorten the hanging length of the chime by tying an overhand knot at any position from the cone knot to the top loop knot. For added support, use a plastic coated chain or chain inserted through vinyl tubing. Wrap it gently but firmly around the support beam or branch and through the loop ropes of the chime and secure with a snap-ring. Your local hardware store will have both the chain and snap rings. Make sure that both are weight-rated at 150 pounds or above. If you would like, please contact email@example.com for an instructional video.
This product carries a manufacturer's warranty of 15 years. The Contrabass is unconditionally guaranteed for a period of fifteen years against functional defects in
materials and workmanship, as the ropes are a marine-use UV resistant material with a substantial core inside the outer braid.