Instant Garage, Shelter, Long 14 W x 42 L x 17 H
The 14x42x17 portable shelter is perfect for both residential and commercial use. This industrial shelter provides additional space to store your large boats, RVs, and vehicles. It can be used to house commercial equipment, provide outdoor protection at commercial job sites, and as a portable building for your temporary or long-term needs.
The roll-up door kit is included for the front door. The structure comes with 2 double zipper doors to allow easy access with drive-thru capabilities. As with all our structures, the galvanized steel frame offers durability and sustainability for long-term use. Get the superior protection you need to give you peace of mind for your most important investments.
- 10 oz. UV Treatment Cover
- 22 Cable Earth Anchor Kit
- Roll up Door Kit for front door included
- 2 Double Zipper Doors-12’W x 12’8″H (9’3″W at top)
- 2-3/8″ Galvanized Steel Frame
About the Manufacturer
Rhino Shelters by MDM products is committed to delivering the best portable garages and shelters in the industry. They have not only met industry standards but have set the industry standards since 2001 from their location in the heart of the Milford, CT business district. Their expert team is full of knowledge and experience delivering not only the best products but for the best value.
- Heavy Duty Galvanized Finish on All Steel Frame Components for Maximum Strength & Long Life.
- Easy Bolt Together Design –All Pre-drilled & Cut
- Wind Brace Support on Both Sides
- Two(2) Double Zipper Doors with Bottom Pockets
- One (1) complete Roll-up Door Kit
- Protective Plastic Tube End Caps – All Open Ends
- Standard Thread Plated Hardware Kit with Retaining Nuts & Protective SS Washers
- Quick Assembly Wrench included
- Heavy Duty Poly Rope for Main Cover Tie Down
- Heavy Duty Grommets on Cover & Doors
- Twenty-Two (22) permanent anchors included
- Twelve(12) Box Shipment
- Average install time – 8 to 10 hours
- Nominal Size 14’ Wide x 42’ Long x 17’ High
- Arches Eleven (11) on 48” Spacing 2-3/8” diameter frame members
- Standard End Door Size12’ Wide x 11’8″ High at edge double zipper door each end
Available Colors Outer Colors: Green and Gray
All Interiors: White Only
- Shipping Weight 1350 lbs shipped in Twelve(12) boxes Shipped via Motor Freight
- Pallet Dimensions 44″ x 86″ x 43″
- Main Cover
- UV Protected Fabric Backed Poly Material 10 0z. Weight. 22 Mil. Thick.
- Fire Retardant Standard
- Main Cover & Doors meet CPAI -84 Section 5
- Box Dimensions
- Box 1: 70″ Long x 20″ Wide x 8″ High
- Box 2: 70″ Long x 20″ Wide x 8″ High
- Box 3: 57″ Long x 13″ Wide x 6″ High
- Box 4: 70″ Long x 21″ Wide x 8″ High
- Box 5: 68″ Long x 21″ Wide x 8″ High
- Box 6: 57″ Long x 13″ Wide x 7″ High
- Box 7: 58″ Long x 14″ Wide x 7″ High
- Box 8: 52″ Long x 11″ Wide x 8″ High
- Box 9: 53″ Long x 10″ Wide x 6″ High
- Box 10: 53″ Long x 9″ Wide x 6″ High
- Box 11: 71″ Long x 17″ Wide x 8″ High
- Box 12: 87″ Long x 27″ Wide x 8″ High
- Twenty-Two (22) 36” Anchor with U-Bolts & Drive Rod Std.
- Stock Number
- 14x42x15-PB144215HGN, PB144215HGY
Rhino Shelter’s cover fabric is unmatchable against other manufacturer’s materials.
- Rhino Shelter, uses an impressively strong fabric membrane that requires minimal maintenance. The material is a triple stack weave that has unmatched strength-to-weight ratios. All Rhino Shelter covers are made with 10oz per square yard material. We measure our fabric in yards but in meters our fabric comes out to be 12oz per square meter. Rhino Shelter fabric can be found on any Rhino Shelter portable shelter.
- All Rhino Shelter fabric membranes feature a bright white underside that allows for maximum interior light. This makes for a pleasant, bright atmosphere inside the portable shelter.
- Most important, ALL Rhino Shelter instant garages have a special layer in between the outer and inner layers called an Inner Black Scrim. The Inner Black Scrim has a coating that blocks 100% sunlight from penetrating through the material. The UV rays from the sun are very harmful to the material and the Inner Black Scrim helps to extend the life of our covers beyond those of our competitors! Along with protecting the cover, this also provides for cooler temperatures inside the portable shelter during the warmer months of the year.
- All Rhino Shelter cover fabric is infused with a special chemical inside and outside to protect it against the sun’s harmful UV Rays. This special chemical not only coats the outer fabric for protection against UV Rays but also makes the material waterproof as well as giving it protection against scuffs to preserve the outside appearance.
- Rhino Shelter heat welds all seams to go up and over the width of the portable shelter.This gives the material a drum tight fit over the frame of the portable shelter. This welding technique also adds strength to the cover’s weight ratio. The fabric will stay tight and secure on the frame and will not only give it a cleaner look, but also help the cover to last longer. We can proudly say that our covers are wrinkle free.
- Rhino Shelter instant garages are also used for temporary workshops. Many people use heaters inside to heat the portable shelters during the winter months. To this end, we also provide a chemical that makes Rhino Shelter covers fire retardant that meets even the California building code called CPIA-84.This is used on the end panels as well as the main cover. A fire retardant material is just another way we separate our covers against other manufacturers.
Important Rhino Shelter Cover Material Specifications:
- 10oz per sq yard / 12oz per sq meter fabric weight.
- 10% UV chemical treatment.
- Triple Stack Weave provides unmatched strength.
- Multiple color choices (green, gray, tan).
- Inner Black Scrim material (blocks 100% UV).
- White interior underside for light reflection.
- Reinforced rope above grommets are heat-welded to prevent grommets from pulling out. (fabric stays tight for longer life and cleaner look).
- Special coating on the outside to provide UV protection, waterproofing, and scuff protection to preserve appearance.
- 2 Year Warranty (no prorating).
- Material is made of a Rip-Stop-Poly that prevents any rips that occur from expanding.
- Material is fire resistant and meets the California building code CPIA-84. Material will self-extinguish if the source of the flame is removed.
Rhino Shelter uses T-100 Welding
Machines by Miller Weldmaster to heat weld our covers.
Steel Tubing Details
Rhino Shelter’s Heavy Duty Galvanized Structural Steel Tubing
Rhino Shelter’s Steel Tubing is unmatched against other manufacturer’s materials.
Rhino Shelter’s galvanized steel tubing is the product of choice for portable garages and portable buildings. The unique double-dipped process provides a triple layer of corrosion protection inside and out that stands the test of time.
All Rhino Shelter portable garages from the 5x10x8 Cycle Cabana to the 40x60x18 Domed Truss Building (with the exception of the Party Tents, Party Canopies, and Steel Carports) use Rhino Shelter’s heavy duty galvanized steel tubing. This ensures that all of these buildings are built to last and will hold up against harsh winds and heavy snow.
The process begins with flat strip steel, which is cold-formed and induction welded. After welding the tube goes through two coating baths. The first coating bath bonds zinc to the hot tubing and is followed by a conversion coating which provides another layer of protection for longer resistance to rust and corrosion.
The second and final protective coating bath involves a clear organic polymer that gives the tube one last barrier against corrosion as well as giving the surface an attractive brightness. The result is a smooth, shiny end product that is unmatched in terms of strength and durability – it will not dull with age, nor will the coating flake off during building construction.
Important Rhino Shelter Steel Tubing Specifications:
|•||5x10x8 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 1 5/8″|
|•||8x8x8 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 1 5/8″|
|•||12x12x8 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 1 5/8″|
|•||12x20x8 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 1 5/8″|
|•||12x24x8 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 1 5/8″|
|•||12x24x10 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 1 5/8″|
|•||12x28x12 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 2 3/8″|
|•||22x24x12 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 2 3/8″|
|•||30x30x15 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 2 3/8″|
|•||30x40x15 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 2 3/8″|
|•||40x60x18 – Heavy Duty Structural Steel Tubing Diameter 2 3/8″|